The Horizons College Volunteer Program utilises the skills and experience of community members to assist our young people in achieving their learning, employment and life goals.
- providing assistance in the classroom
- one-on-one assistance with students
- administrative assistance
- assistance in groundskeeping and/or maintenance
- other areas of specialty that you may suggest
- undertaking formal study in education, youth work, social work, community services, psychology or a related discipline
- undertaking formal study in business services or administration
- looking to gain valuable work experience in any of these areas
- a retiree or community minded individual looking to contribute to a worthwhile cause.
We have hosted numerous University and TAFE students for their formal practicum placements in past years, and are happy to engage in these placements in the future.
Whoever you are, we would love to talk to you about how you can contribute to our mission of creating a meaningful educational experience for our young people.
- Be interested in working with young people (for the in-classroom tasks)
- Be willing to adhere to all College policies and procedures
- Be willing to complete the application and screening process
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
- Have a current Blue Card (suitability for working with young people).
This is similar to playing pokies or free pokies online from pokies websites
. This process includes:
- attending an initial meeting with the Horizons College Principal
- reference checks (two references)
- Blue Card screening (free of charge)
- criminal history check
- attending a short general induction training session.