Horizons College of Learning and Enrichment is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, students, parents, contractors, and visitors, by eliminating or minimising the risk of injury to people and the risk of damage to plant and equipment.
We will achieve this by following relevant legislation and adopting a strategy of:
- identifying hazards in the workplace
- assessing the risk to employees, students and others
- deciding on a control measure
- implementing those controls
- monitoring that the controls are effective
We are committed to providing:
- a safe, inclusive and professional work and learning environment
- safe systems of work for our employees and students
- suitable and safe equipment
- information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure workers are competent and working safely
We will also ensure that:
- equipment is maintained
- chemicals are used safely
- employees take reasonable precautions and exercise proper diligence to comply with safety obligations
This organisation promotes the shared responsibility of employees, contractors, students and visitors, as defined in the Safety Management System.
Employees have obligations under the 2011 Work Health and Safety Act and are expected to follow the organisation’s safety directions to create and maintain a safe and healthy workplace.